[Esd-l] procmail dropping "F" off "From " line

Donncha O Caoimh donncha.ocaoimh at tradesignals.com
Fri Feb 1 02:25:01 PST 2002

Not sure if this problem is related, but on occasion users would
complain that they couldn't open their mailboxes. A quick look through
maillog showed this error. This only showed up when we moved our server
to Red Hat 7.2, and I installed version 1.133 (and the previous release)
of the sanitzer.

Jan 14 10:36:28 mail ipop3d[22885]: Can't open INBOX (file
/var/spool/mail/USERNAME): not in valid mailbox format

I suspected a mailing list script but even after that was tuned
downwards the problem showed up. (I fixed it each time by moving the
offending mailbox into $HOME/nsmail/ and launching the Netscape mail
app, that complained but fixed up the file each time :)

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I do have spamassassin installed but only on my own account, nobody else
is running it.

Donncha.
PS. thanks for an invaluable piece of software John and the rest!