[Esd-l] Need to bypass Sanitizer

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Mon Apr 22 02:00:01 PDT 2002

Well, for my particular situation, I have made a new 'poisoned'
file by deleting all globbing of filetypes and leaving only
virii by name.

I did this hoping to quarantine know viruses but allow suspicous
extentions get MANGLEd by the MANGLED list and then forwarded to
the recipient.

It doesn't seem to have worked, just now, 'class.pif' was
quarantined.

Here is my setup in /etc/procmailrc:

    :0
     *
^(To:|Cc:|Received:).*@(domain1.com|domain2.com)
 {
POISONED_EXECUTABLES=/etc/procmail/poisoned.new
MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='html?|bat|exe|com|cmd|pif|sc[rt]|lnk|dll|ocx|dot|xl[wt]|p[po]
t|rtf|vb[se]?|hta|p[lm]|sh[bs]|hlp|chm|eml|ws[cfh]|ad[ep]|jse?|md[abew]|ms[ip]|r
eg|as[dfx]|cil|pps|wm[szd]|vcf|nws|\{[-0-9a-f]+\}'
 }

The extention '*.pif' has been removed from:
POISONED_EXECUTABLES=/etc/procmail/poisoned.new

Any ideas why 'class.pif' was quarantined?

Thanks,

--Paul

--
Edward P. Tryon: "In answer to the question of why it happened,
I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of