[Esd-l] Klez@ worm/virus

Snowy Angelique Maslov snowy at snowy.org
Thu Apr 18 20:06:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, John D. Hardin wrote:

> I keep seeing these worms being announced, and I keep thinking about
> my default-secure stance, and I keep thinking that I'm going to drop
> *.exe into the recommended poison list on principle.
>
> How badly would this annoy people?
>
> I suppose I could maintain two lists, one with the .exe filenames from
> the various announcements, and a shorter one with just *.exe -
> any comments?

I would drop *.exe in - after all they can always zip it like anything else.
There is no real valid reason for sending a bare exe through email.

I do it already here.

--
Snowy Angelique Maslov aka Snowpony   My [ www.vulpine.pp.se/cgi-bin/furcode ]
 |\=  http://www.snowy.org/          Art FEHuw3acdm A+ C- Dm++ H+++ M++++ P+++