[Esd-l] SirCam [As per your request!]

Dave Clendenan clendenan at squirrel.mine.nu
Tue Sep 4 19:15:01 PDT 2001

I just received the following SirCam-infected message, whose
attachment has only one (.exe) extension.  Is this a new version of
the virus?

Anyone else seen similar things?

I tried adding the SirCam signature filter from
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/sanitizer-configuration.html, but I
could still mail it to myself. (This may be an issue with my setup
of the local-rules file, tho).

I have successfully caught a large number of double-extension SirCams,
probably nearly as many as all other viruses in total...
This is the first single-extension version I've seen.

Dave

----- Forwarded message from [poor infected guy] -----