[Esd-l] Funny problem with From lines

James Jones james at richland.cc.il.us
Wed Oct 17 17:36:01 PDT 2001

At 04:43 PM 10/17/2001 -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:
>I'm going to be out of town for a week. Can anybody else duplicate
>this on a stock 1.130?

I don't know about stock 1.130, but I had the problem with earlier versions.

The fix (for me) was to go back to a previous version of procmail.  I'm
running Debian 2.2 and they released a security fix for procmail.  I
installed it and a month later someone complained about not getting their
attachments.  I went in and checked and sure enough, the "F" was missing
from the "From" for certain attachments (ones that would be
macro-checked).  I pulled my hair out for a while and was about ready to
write something to the list to see if anyone else had experienced it when I
noticed it was procmail that was causing the problem.

The Debian packages in question are ...
Bad version of procmail ... 3.15.2-1
Old version that works ... 3.13.1-4

James