[Esd-l] Funny problem with From lines

Jonathan Giles jong at clinedavis.com
Wed Oct 17 13:59:01 PDT 2001

I have been using santizer for about a month now, and after I made a few
changes to my procmailrc file:
added DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK=yes
and changed where the log goes
procmail started to sporadically screw up From lines leaving off the F.

I have noticed this happening before, (F left off of From line,) if I
made a little change to procmailrc; maybe a few mailboxes got funny From
lines.  However, now after adding DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK and the log file
change, whenever I include sanitizer the problem keeps on happening.

The funnier thing is that even when I removed DISABLE_MACRO_CHECK and
put the logfile pointer back the "From line" problem still occurred.  So
now I have santizer disabled.

I found on the procmail elist a suggestion to make sure the /var/mail
directory permissions were ok, and they were wrong; they were set to:
drwxrwxrwxt  owner root  group wheel
now the are correct:
drwxrwxr-x               root               mail

I plan on trying sanitizer again this eve to see if my changes helped
matters.

Have any of you had these sorts of problems, and if so what did you do
to fix it?  Also I have seen people user LINEBUF in their recipes...
Would having a LINEBUF help matters?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

jg

--
Jonathan Giles
Senior Unix Administrator

--
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message