[Esd-l] quarantine

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 01:51:01 PST 2001

[snip]
> > At 07:49 AM 11/28/2001, John D. Hardin wrote:
> >My quarantine overfloweth.
>
> It may be a silly question, but: isn't it possible somehow
> to just direct these
> poisoned messages to something like /dev/null?
> I don't think I'll ever need the possibility to recover
> anything from quarantine,
> eg if it was a harmless executable I'll ask the sender to
> put it in a ZIP file.
[snip]

I have a cron job running that empties the quarantine directory at the
end of the day. That way, I get a little time to deal with it
(unmangle, forward - whatever). If I dont deal with it, it doesnt
matter because I've got the notification message to forward to the
user in question, and they can ask the sender to send it again.

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams - http://www.onq2.com
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Rd, Cambridge, CB3 9EY