[Esd-l] Help with QMAIL and the Sanitizer Please!

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 09:03:01 PST 2001

[snip]
> NOTIFY SENDER
> procmail: Lock failure on "/var/quarantine.lock" <------ I
> can fix this
> procmail: Error while writing to "/var/quarantine" </
>
> QUARANTINE FAILED!
[snip]

First things first - what are the ownership & perms on
/var/quarantine? How do you run procmail (directly from qmail or
within vpopmails .qmail-default)?

[snip]
>:0
>       * ^From:.*
>       * ^To:.*
>       {
>
>MANGLE_EXTENSIONS='exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|sc[rt]|dll|ocx|dot|xl[wt]|vb[$
>       }
[snip]

Also your MANGLE_EXTENSIONS looks a bit wierd - it may have been
trimmed by a cut and paste somewhere but it doesnt seem to end with a
quote or have a matching close square bracket to the open square
bracket after '|vb' at the end.

I have a setup that works really well with qmail/vpopmail but I dont
use procmail as a delivery agent from within qmail, I use procmail
from within the .qmail-default files of vpopmail (this only works with
older versions of vpopmail not the latest 5.0 series).

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams - http://www.onq2.com
Quintic Ltd, 39 Newnham Rd, Cambridge, CB3 9EY