Fwd: [Esa-l]Webbugs using sound not gifs?

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Tue Jul 10 10:41:06 PDT 2001

Looks like I completely screwed up typing the email.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was that:
1. I received an email from a sender that I did not recognize.
2. When looking at the full text of the html, I saw what I thought was a
sound to be played at zero volume.
3. I suspect the sound was pulled from a remote site, with a long (possibly
unique) URL.
4. Perhaps this could be used to track email reading, in the same way as
webbugs can?

Simon