[Esa-l] UUCP sanitizer

John D. Hardin jhardin at wolfenet.com
Wed Jan 31 08:14:28 PST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Miguel Louro wrote:

> Was just thinking, Would it be possible to hack the sanitizer to
> scan mail in a UUCP host`s spooled mail, it would be a great for
> UUCP main nodes to eliminate the problem before it reaches their
> offline mail servers before its spooled there. Would this be
> difficult to hack together?  Any comments on this would be
> apreciated.  :)
>
> I have a feeling that this wouldnt be too difficult to do.

I don't think it would be too difficult. I haven't worked with UUCP
mail in a very long time, but my hazy memories of it lead me to think
that if you replaced mail.local with procmail, you could then
sanitize messages delivered from UUCP.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 jhardin at wolfenet.com      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin