[Esa-l] Modifying sanitizer to strip VCFs

John D. Hardin jhardin at wolfenet.com
Fri Feb 23 21:40:55 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Brett Glass wrote:

> It might be a good idea to modify the sanitizer to (optionally)
> strip VCFs as it does TNEFs. I've done it to my own modified
> version as a quick hack to prevent the exploit mentioned at
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-201-4932816-0.html

You can certainly add "VCF" to your local mangle list.

I'll take it under consideration; I want to minimize the changes made
to 1.0 not that I'm working on 2.0. There are some enhancements to the
macro scanner and a hack to avoid the false-quarantine issue, but
that's all that's in the pipe. 1.0 is reaching the point of
unmaintainability.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ   ICQ#15735746   http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/
 jhardin at wolfenet.com      pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin