[Esa-l] RE: Hahaha

rcooper rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Mon Feb 12 08:52:38 PST 2001

Thank god for the sanitizer:

REPORT: Trapped poisoned executable "dwarf4you.exe"
REPORT: Not a document, or already poisoned by filename. Not scanned for
macros.
STATUS: Message quarantined in /var/spool/mail/quarantine, not delivered to
recipient.

I prohibit all attachments short of .jpg,gif,.xls and .doc which are only
allowed from within the company itself.  The sanitizier has proven itself to
be one of the most important pieces of software in our organization.  Without
it my life would most certainly be very miserable.  My 300 or so users
support our draconian email policies 100%.  When the sanitizer blocks a nasty
worm or virus, I post the Security Warning email from the sanitizer on our
Intranet along with a link to the virus description so they know what the
virus/worm does.  End user education is absolutely necessary so they will
work with you on the policy instead of complain they cannot get their latest
<worthless.exe> screen toy.  I can count  at least serveral dozen times where
this software has saved our asses since about Sept of last year.

When the end users see the magnitude of possible hostile  attachments that
are blocked, they come to appreciate the hard work and stress admin goes
through  inorder to protect them.  The political barriers to enhanced email
security are then removed and end users actually become appreciative.  At
least thats true where I work.  We are a small company of only about 500
employees.

</END ADVERTISEMENT>

Cheers

Ron

--
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.  It will often be