[Esa-l] Infinite perl loop

Mikael Hultgren Mikael.Hultgren at lhs.se
Sun Aug 19 09:37:25 PDT 2001

Hi!

Just curious if it's possible to solve the following problem:

Quite often our users (mostly MAC-users) send e-mails with an attachment
which name ends in a dot, like  "document." or "document.doc."   and the
result is that perl starts to loop, and starts using all system
resources  :(

Any way of making the sanitizer deal with those attachments?

I'm using version 1.129 of the sanitizer

Thanks!
/Mikael
Mikael Hultgren                  E-mail: mikael.hultgren at lhs.se
UNIX System Administrator        Phone: +46-8-737 98 10
Stockholm Institute of Education

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth: learning
and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement
for its own sake - can possibly have the same lasting value.
           ***  Arthur C. Clarke - Rama Revealed  ***