[Esa-l] Outgoing Mail

Christian Parigger cparigge at utsi.edu
Tue Aug 14 14:13:05 PDT 2001

Hi,

I followed the "volleyball-match" on wheter or not to filter outgoing mail.

I have installed the sample filter for sendmail12.0beta16 following the
README,
included in the latest sendmail 12.0beta; and I have installed  MIMEDefang
from
 http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/ and all seems to work on a single
RH7.1 test machine for in/out. I am looking for comments before putting this
mimedefang in production. (one user brought 'home' a laptop with SirCam, and
infamous shared drives were in use... I do not need to say more.)

I am looking for comments regarding the possible use of the famous and
well-known
procmail-scripts to adapt for outgoing mail. Keeping it simple would mean
pick
one for both incoming and outgoing ?

Thanks
Christian Parigger