[Esa-l] Outgoing Mail

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Tue Aug 14 07:33:16 PDT 2001

At 05:50 PM 8/13/2001, Lee Howard wrote:

>Filtering outgoing mail is not so much wrong as it is wastefully
>guarding users against their own stupidity.

Guarding users against their own lack of knowledge (the word
"stupidity" is unnecessarily pejorative; we have brilliant
accountants and salespeople here who simply don't specialize
in computers) is part of the system administrator's job. Not
every person who uses a computer can be a malware expert, any
more than every driver can be a skilled mechanic.

--Brett