[Esa-l] Re: Felix Navidad ... Stripping Attachments

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Tue Nov 28 23:34:22 PST 2000

At 09:57 PM 11/28/2000, John D. Hardin wrote:

>Any opinions anybody? An option to strip the poisoned attachment
>off instead of quarantining the message?

This would be the better option so long as there was not also
dangerous HTML in the message. If there WAS dangerous HTML,
the tags would need to be defanged and/or the entire message
would need to be quarantined.

I have my own attachment stripper that does this, from back
when I was actively developing an e-mail filter of my own.
Alas, it's not in Perl so it would require a complete rewrite
to integrate.

--Brett