[Esa-l] Revised sanitizer-on-relay nano-HOWTO

Jason Jordan guru at pcguru.com.au
Fri Jul 28 08:06:19 PDT 2000

Howdy,

>                               Name: procmail-on-gateway.txt
>    procmail-on-gateway.txt    Type: Plain Text (TEXT/PLAIN)

After hours of hacking (and learning procmail)

I made one TINY change to John's instructions:

------------------
2. Add the following to ruleset 0, between the "handle virtual
users" and "short-circuit local delivery" stanzas:

# pipe through procmail for processing
R$*<@example.com>$*     $#procmail $@/etc/procmail/filter.rc
$:$1 at example.com.procmail$2
R$*<@$*.procmail>$*     $1<@$2>$3
------------------

The first R$* line should actually read:
R$*<@example.com.>$*     $#procmail $@/etc/procmail/filter.rc
$:$1 at example.com.procmail$2

Note the extra fullstop at the end of the first instance of
"example.com"

Or alternatively:

R$*<@$=w.>$*     $#procmail $@/etc/procmail/filter.rc
$:$1@$2.procmail$3

This gets its working - but now I have my own set of issues
linked to mangled MX records 8-).

Cheers, Jas

--
Jason D. Jordan                        Perth, Western Australia
PC Guru Technology Consultants  - 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a week