[Esa-l] Re: Felix Navidad ... Stripping Attachments

Murray Crane mecha.ike at hydramedia.com
Wed Dec 6 03:55:38 PST 2000

At 09:05 6/12/00 +0000, John & Bjarni wrote:
> > Are you sure you want to hear about every vcard that gets tossed?
> >
> > Everybody: should there be four options for strip-and-discard with
> > *and* without notify? You do want to be notified on
> > strip-and-quarantine, but I would assume if you've set a
> > strip-and-discard policy you don't really care about what's being
> > stripped and tossed.
>
><brainstorm>

Sorry, my mistake, didn't make myself as clear as I should have.  All those
'notify [God]'s should have been 'optionally notify [God]', indicating that
[God] has some control over what filetypes he/she wishes to be notified about.

APU, speaking only for myself, I want to know about everything that people
outside my organization are trying to send to my lUsers, if only so that I
have a stack of paper to beat them [the lUsers] with when they whine about
defanging or I demand they clear out their mailboxes every once in a while.

I really like Bjarni's idea of a summary mail at the end of each day,
possibly using a mailing list to handle the mail notification, but of
course that means running something [Majordomo?] to actually handle the
list. Not (necessarily) your problem tho...

Would anyone want functionality that does a verbose notify of a mail if any
of it's attachments were interfered with?

Murray Crane
SYSADMIN
Longbridge International Plc