[Esa-l] Re: Felix Navidad ... Stripping Attachments

Murray Crane mecha.ike at hydramedia.com
Tue Dec 5 07:49:54 PST 2000

At 07:00 5/12/00 -0800, John Hardin wrote:

>Okay:
>
>   Allow it to pass unchanged;
>   Mangle the filename;
>   Strip and quarantine, comment in body and notify;
>   Strip and discard, comment;
>   Strip and discard, quietly;
>   Poison the message.
>
>Any other variations?

I'd only make some grammatical changes to your list, just to set things in
stone:

   Allow it to pass unchanged;
   Mangle the filename and pass;
   Strip and quarantine, comment in body, notify [God];
   Strip and discard, comment in body, notify [God];
   Strip and discard, silently, notify [God];
   Poison the message, notify [God].

Speaking for myself, the notify wouldn't be verbose (I just don't care that
much) but I guess others may want verbose notification.

Murray Crane
SYSADMIN
Longbridge International Plc
(and sending from the right address this time :-)