[Esa-l] html-trap.procmail 1.16

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Tue Aug 8 17:19:03 PDT 2000

Howdy Folks,

Does 1.16 look like it spits out a bit more in the way of logfile to anyone?

As I'm filtering on a gateway relay moving over 2500 messages per hour, it
was filling my procmail.log so rapidly I had to redirect it to /dev/null
lest I run out of disk space...

Is there a way to drop it back to summary logging - not the whole kahuna?

Also - and this hasn't been verified yet - it's still hearsay... I've tried
having someone use Outlook to send HTML email with an excel attachment from
outside and it comes through to this site with no problem.

However - there has been some initial whinging from one place that claims
that their email application MIME-encodes the excel attachments and when
they arrive at this site they no longer work.

I am currently seeking copies for analysis but in the meantime can anyone
imagine what is occurring?  I'm not a Microsoft User so I find it a bit
difficult to understand what they do...

Cheers,

Jason